Sunday, March 7, 2010

Spring May Make Here After All!

Friday after work I came home to sunny skies and a balmy 53 degrees. Squelching the urge to throw on shorts and a tee shirt, I did head outside in the yard with my camera and a few friends to see if these warm temps were reflected in any of my bulbs.


I had luck discovering the daffodils peeking out around the main stairs to our front door.


And next to my urns there were some signs of spring.


Under the coverage of a tulip poplar there were some big shoots of life emerging from the moss.



Finally around back under leaves some more daffodils were found.Here is a picture of my helper this Friday evening. She's gotten so big!
Her interest in nature subsided when the cat joined us on the photoshoot!

You can see from the bottom right of this photo, our old Lab Thunder mostly stays by my side these days.
He has no interest in the puppy or the cat.
A few more photos of Miss Madison discovering she cannot get down off the rock creek wall that lines our driveway.

Yes, I think we are all ready for spring.
Today I am joining Susan over at Between Naps on the Porch
for another Met Monday.


No comments:

Post a Comment