Friday, April 16, 2010

Spring's Fleeting Beauty


I think Spring and Fall are particular favorites because each of these seasons provide only a very short time span to enjoy God's gifts of nature.

After work tonight I went out in the yard to capture some of our blooming landscape before a predicted thunder storm this evening washed away the spring blooms till next year.


This azalea bush next to our house was ablaze with color.



I spied my neighbors tulips lined up like soldiers ready to burst open any day.




Here the dogwood blooms seem to be stretched open to enjoy the sunshine.







I originally thought this bush was a lilac, but now I'm not sure because the blooms do not appear to be similar and it does not have a scent.


I enjoy their lavender color in our side yard. It pops against the green grass and trees.



If you know what type of bush it is please let me know. All of these landscape plants were inherited from our homes previous owners and they are a few of my favorite things.

Today I'm joining

My Favorite Things Saturday


3 comments:

  1. Such gorgeous flowers. All of the trees and shrubs are just stunning. Such a lovely sight. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! We are just getting started here!
    I don't know..it does look like a type of lilac..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful flowers. I have that same lilac looking bush, but I can't remember what the name of it is. So glad you linked to Favorite Things today. Thank you. laurie

    ReplyDelete