Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Outdoor Sculpture

On a recent trip to Pattis (read here and here for more about Pattis) I took some pictures of these beautiful outdoor sculptures that were on the grounds of the restaurant.




This one was sailboats which rotated with the wind.




This one had whales in a circle with a god like man in the center.




Suitably titled "Neptunes Ride".




Above is the placket identifying the artist John Toras.


More information about John can be found in this great article I found here at Posh Magazine.



Today I'm linking to Outdoor Wednesday at A Southern Daydreamer and Yard Art Thursday at Work of the Poet. Click on the links to visit their blogs for more posts.





9 comments:

  1. What an interesting and different post. I really like seeing things unique and these sculptures are certainly are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing such interesting sculptures. Dropping by from Outdoor Wednesday.

    Allison
    AtticMag

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are awesome. I think the sailboats are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are fun...I love the sailboats. What a vision he has.
    Happy Outdoor Wednesday
    Maryrose

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those sculptures are really neat.

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are fascinating. I especialy like the sailboats.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These sculptures are amazing! The sailboats are my favorite too!

    Your porch looks gorgeous as well!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely outdoor photos, they are cool.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the sculptures! Miss Madison is a cutie!

    ~ Tracy

    ReplyDelete