Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Fall Sunday Supper

Recently we had a nice Sunday supper at the house
 so I thought I would share the table with you!
 It combined a few of my favorite things:
blue and white, pumpkins and 
vintage glassware and linens.
 The glasses are mid century with a leaf 
pattern on three sides.
 The napkins are vintage damask linen,
which I love because they become so soft over time.
 Nothing fancy for dinner, just some chili,
which was perfect for the frosty fall evening.
We used the baby pumpkins for our chili
and the small side dish bowls for crackers and cheese.
Around our house there is a chili debate
do you include noodles or not?
beans or no beans?
Until I got married I never heard of noodles in chili~
and he had never heard of beans!
Whatever way you fix it -hope you enjoy a cup of 
chili with some friends this fall!
Thanks for visiting!
I'm Joining:
Let’s Dish
Style Sisters Centerpiece Wednesday
Tablescape Thursday at:
Tutorials Tips and Tidbits
Feathered Nest Friday
Show and Tell Friday
Simple & Sweet Fridays
http://rootedinthyme.blogspot.com/


16 comments:

  1. Blue and white with pumpkins is a great combo. I'd like to dine at your fall table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blue was made to go with orange and your table looks beautiful! I use beans in my chili and usually serve it with rice, but I also like elbow macaroni with it, although I am the only one in my family to eat it that way. I can't imagine it without beans! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet, I love the blue dishes. Also the pumpkins as a center for each plate is great.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your table is lovely. I have discovered there are all kinds of chile or things that get called chile. Noodles? Have not heard that but it sounds kind of good. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely table. I love the blue, and I recently found some glasses just like that at an estate sale that I sold at my booth.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty, I love the pumpkins with blue! Your tureens are adorable!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never heard of noodles in chili - so interesting! The blue and orange look great together and I love your cute pumpkin bowls!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love orange and blue together...such a cheery combo.
    I like my chili with beans!
    Have a wonderful week...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love blue and orange together. The pumpkin tureens are adorable. I like beans in my chili! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stopping by from Simple & Sweet Fridays, love your pumpkin theme table and the blue is perfect with the orange. We are having chili for supper as well,,,,always a good homemade favorite. I think I will cook up my spaghetti squash and have that with it too. Hope you will stop by the country sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful table. I love the combination of deep blue and orange. Chili sounds good today on a rainy and gloomy day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Every time I see pumpkin bowls, I just fall in love. I have some little ones that look like a bowl but are really candles but I would love some real bowls. These would be such a joy to sit down to! You did a beautiful job on the table and the blue and orange are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the simplicity and warmth of your fall table setting.
    When we lived in Cincinnati we learned about so many different ways to eat chili. I believe they're known for that.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your pumpkin chili bowls, with the lids! It's such a colorful and simple autumn table-setting!
    Ann @ Cairn Cottage
    http://cairncottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi there!

    So nice to meet you!

    Your fall, Sunday supper table setting is seasonally accented with pretty pumpkins and the blue and white of the autumnal sky; all very appetizing on their own!

    Noodles? Who knew? Why not? Growing up in Canada, it was beans, but I do love my pasta, of course, and pasta and meat sauce is always perfect!

    xo
    Poppy

    ReplyDelete