Friday, November 1, 2013

Hoot Christmas Trends 2013

Hope you had a great Halloween!
We were sitting in the dark as
we lost power about 6:30 PM.
Now that we are in November
I am sure you have already noticed
plenty of Christmas already out in the stores.
Each year I try to do one new
project for the holidays
usually a special tree, or new decor item,
which blends in with all
of our favorites from years past.
I thought I would share a few of the trends
I'm seeing as I research what will
be my project for this year.
Natural elements have long been a staple around the holidays.
They are an economical way to decorate, especially if you have a bounty to draw
from in your backyard (or your neighbor's if they are generous).
This year the nature holiday theme
has focused on owls,
which have been trending all year
and other "woodsy" creatures
such as deer and squirells in
hot materials such as
mercury glass and natural fibers .
I'm sure you've seen these everywhere too,
these pictures are from Pottery Barn,
One Kings Lane and Pier 1, but
I've seen them at Horchow, Pier 1 and
World Market.
Will you be adding new elements to your
nature decor this year?
I'm joining:
Metamorphsis Monday
The Scoop Monday
Inspire Me Tuesday
Wow Us Wednesdays
Outdoor Wednesday
Seasonal Sunday

1 comment: