Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Fall Lunch on the Porch

Welcome out onto the porch today
for an early fall lunch.
I mixed a combination of yellows and reds together
for a cheery celebration.
 In Kentucky fall starts off
golden then turns
to hues of oranges and reds.

 I used a place setting of my 
maternal grandmothers china, 
which is roses with a platinum border.
 Then added as a centerpiece this
beautiful golden yellow 
antique compote filled with apples and pears.
 New meets old with the stemware~
a new sunburst pattern yellow goblet
paired with an antique red ruby goblet.
 I was so pleasantly surprised that the
Waverly placemat matched
the Dollar Tree napkins perfectly!
 Hand beaded napkin rings in colors
of orange, red and lime green finish it off nicely.
 I feel like we have only a few more weeks
of enjoyment on the porch
before Jack Frost appears in October!
 Remember that flatware set I found on clearance
at Walgreens~here it is again matching the 
silver banding of the plates.
 I don't know if you can tell but I 
snuck a ruby glass saucer under
the bowls of the setting
to break up the patterns a bit.
 Here's a better shot of the compote
I get so much mileage out of this
filling it with everything from pumpkins
to Easter eggs.
 The bee sugar and creamer were purchased
separately on eBay.
The shading is different but the pattern is the same
the were give aways from an Orange Juice
company in Florida in the 1940's I believe.

I hope you enjoyed visiting the porch!
Miss B and I returned late last night
from our vacation and I can't wait to
share all of the neat stores we visited
along the way in upcoming posts!

Today I'm joining:
Style Sisters at Centerpiece Wednesday: 
Kathleen at Let's Dish:
Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for
Tablescape Thursday:

26 comments:

  1. Red and yellow - cardinal and straw - Chi Omega colors. '-)
    Your sunny luncheon scape is delightful. This one makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes,I love the red and yellow. Very early fall and of course your bees are a great part of it.
    Cheers! Rita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, I love the colors, great transition from summer to fall....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for visiting me as I try to extend summer with my coleus rootings! Your {fall} table is lovely...it's exactly the slow progression my psyche needs to move into fall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I'm trying to get the mood, but still haven't cracked open my fall decorations.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for visiting me as I try to extend summer with my coleus rootings! Your {fall} table is lovely...it's exactly the slow progression my psyche needs to move into fall!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had the same idea as I did to take it outside. What beautiful colors, the red, yellow and oranges are stunning. I especially love how bright the yellow is, it reminds me that Fall is happy and sunny most of the time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it! The big blue sky is such a reminder of fall~thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  7. Yes, I'm jealous of the beautiful colors y'all experience every fall! Speaking of colors, I love the colors in your table setting. Those ruffly chargers are adorable! I found you at Let's Dish.
    Blessings,
    Kim @ Curtain Queen Creates

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cannot beelieve (ha!) that you found those napkins at Dollar Tree - wow! They are so pretty and look fantastic with your placemats! Love those bee accessories on the table - what a bright and cheerful post - great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This table is so pretty...everything works so well together. I love those plates!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming by to visit! I forgot I had these plates until I was rummaging around my cabinets one day. shh don't tell my husband -he thinks I don't remember what I have and therefore buy more!

      Delete
  10. What a cheerful table and I love the plaid Dollar Tree napkins with those pretty placemats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they had those last year in placemats too- you never know what you will find there some times it is hit or miss! Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
    2. Yes they had those last year in placemats too- you never know what you will find there some times it is hit or miss! Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  11. Very pretty...red and yellow always puts a smile on my face, such happy colors. Love your linens.
    Have a wonderful week...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the bee sugar and creamer holders! So cute! Your table set is very cherry indeed. I am a new follower! Glad to BEE here. :)
    -Khammany

    ReplyDelete
  13. Delightful table, Jennifer. I love those placemats, and you're right, the napkin colors are perfect with them. That compote is so pretty, and those bright yellow chargers are so cheerful. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi. I was stopping by in hopes of getting some help on a Martha Stewart Contest....I've been nominated and I was trying to get Votes...if you have time I would love to see you come by my blog, vote and also enter in a giveaway for your support!! Your able to vote 6 times in a row daily until Sept. 13th!! I would greatly appreciate it!! Thanks so much! BTW...Loving the photo of Miss Madison :)
    Daisy~

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes, I got my bee towels, so pretty! Thank you so much. Sorry, I was going to let you know but I could not remember who I won them from cause I was in our Cape Coral home when you emailed me. Now I am back to MS. They are really cute and I love them. Thanks again!...Christine

    ReplyDelete