Thursday, June 24, 2010

Best Crab Cakes Annapolis

I'm still recovering from a vacation cold so I missed Tablescape Thursday yesterday, which was disappointing because I have some great tablescapes from my visit to Caspari in Charlottesville. They will have to wait till next time, now onto Foodie Friday!



When I knew we were going to Annapolis I googled best crab cakes in the DC area and found Hell Point Seafood. Located on the waterfront, with in walking distance from our hotel and voted one of the best crab cakes by the Washington Post I was looking forward to an excellent dinner.


Views of the waterfront do not disappoint. There were many, many boats to admire in addition to the people watching.



I was disappointed that the seating is outside and it was an unusually hot June evening, with temps in the 90's. I'm an air conditioning girl, especially when I'm eating, so this was not so good for me.


We ordered the crab cake entree, which came with mashed potato and corn.



And the grilled salmon with accompanying vegetables. Both were very good in both presentation and taste. Not sure if it was the best crab cake I've ever had, but it was very good
and the atmosphere was excellent (sans ac).

After dinner the guys wanted ice cream
so we walked down to the local ice cream parlor.

Which according to their window display, had won many awards.


The ice cream (according to my critics) was very good.
Heading back to the hotel we were a happy bunch.
Thanks for stopping by to visit!
Hope you have a wonderful weekend :)










No comments:

Post a Comment