Thursday, January 14, 2016

Great January TV Watching

If you are enjoying the final season of
Downton Abbey as much as I am I thought
I would share a few other shows that 
are on in January that look like
my cup of tea.

Beginning Monday 1/18 on Lifetime
is the miniseries War & Peace.
Starring Lily James (from Downton and Cinderella)
Paul Dano and James Norton
the promotions look wonderful.
 Equally appealing is the new PBS series Mercy Street
premiering on Sunday night 1/17/16 
but also available to stream on the
PBS website.
"Based on real events, Mercy Street goes beyond the front lines of the Civil War 
and into the chaotic world of the Mansion House Hospital 
in Union-occupied Alexandria, Virginia." PBS.org
The PBS website has great behind the scenes information &
historical pictures, which I love.
It reminds me a lot of the book
"My Name is Mary Sutter" by Robin Oliveira.

If that's not enough historical drama for you 
I would highly recommend 
"A Little Chaos"
which is now on dvd & HBO
staring Kate Winslet, Stanley Tucci
and Alan Rickman, which also directed
this wonderful film.
I was sorry to hear of Mr. Rickman's 
passing today.
I will always remember him
in Love Actually.

 Finally if you have not seen 
Far From the Maddening Crowd
based on the Tom Hardy novel, 
it is wonderful.
Her wardrobe and the music alone
make it a must see
plus the Victorian England setting
and love story are icing on the cake.
It is out on DVD plus on HBO.
I hope you enjoy these as much as I did.
The winter is always a great time for catching up 
on great series & films.
Plus, we have all the awards shows to enjoy too!

I'm Joining:
Celebrate Your Story
http://celebrateanddecorate.com/
Metamorphosis Monday
http://betweennapsontheporch.net/
The Scoop at:
Inspire me Tuesday at:
Wow Us Wednesday
Feathered Nest Friday
Show and Tell Friday
Simple & Sweet Fridays
http://rootedinthyme.blogspot.com/


1 comment:

  1. I loved Robin Oliveira's book: "My Name is Mary Sutter," and I really think that "Mercy Street" is so much like it that it is not just a coincidence.

    ReplyDelete