Thursday, April 22, 2010

Foodie Friday Spring Vegies and Grilled Chicken




The other night for dinner I decided to celebrate Spring with some spring time vegetables and grilled chicken. This was the first time using the grill for the season so we were excited!



I am not a good cook. I do not use recipes for my cooking, never have since I started cooking everyday for a family when I was 18. I just think of what things will go good together and sort of shoot from the hip and hope it all turns out. For this night I decided to marinate the chicken before we grilled it. I mixed some orange juice, soy sauce and worchestershire sauce (about 1/2 cup each of OJ and soy and 1/4 cup of worchestershire) together and added the chicken.


Here I prepared two vegies that say Spring to me - asparagus and new potatoes. I love these baby potatoes - Yukon golds I think - because they are so tender. I boiled both in the same pot starting with the potatoes first because their cook time is longer than the asparagus.



Here's the final product. I try to eat three vegetables and only a small portion of protein (in this case the chicken) at dinner time. The side dish of beans was made from grape tomatoes, canned cannellini beans, Gorgonzola cheese and dressed with lite Italian salad dressing.



I hope you enjoyed this posting and will visit Designs by Gollum for more Foodie Friday ideas. Have a great weekend :)





1 comment:

  1. I agree! Nothing says spring like new potatoes and asparagus! Your meal looks great!

    ReplyDelete