Thursday, March 14, 2019

Spring Tulip Dinner

Welcome in to our Spring Tulip Dinner Table!
 While Spring is not technically beginning
until next week, I could not wait to share this table!
 Starting with a base layer of blue and white check table runner
and these magnificent floral placemats.
 Then added the tulips purchased at Whole Foods
on Sunday which were in the blue and white vase
from my own collection. This is four bunches of ten tulips
if you are counting~at $5/bunch I still thought it was a great deal.
 Next I added the paper plates, napkins and coasters
from our blue and white collection at the store.
 Picking up on the yellow tulips in the centerpiece
I used yellow flatware, which I had bought
online at One Kings Lane a few years ago.
There is a similar set available 
on Amazon here.

 I used my blue and white spode butter dish
and salt and pepper in the center of the table.
 When grabbing those out of the china cabinet,
I saw my blue and white frog place card holders
and thought -let's have them join the party!
They are holding paper place cards
from the blue and white collection.
You can find this Spode blue willow pattern
in antique shops, but it's also still available
new online and at Bed, Bath and Beyond.
 My vintage set of Indiana glasses seemed
to mix in well with all the shades of blue
and frankly are always such a great touch
I reach for them again and again.
 I tired a new method for my tulips
and arranged them only in a few inches of water
as I'd seen on a Ina Garten post.
They really did not spread out like they typically do
and I have been very happy with them this week.
 Below is a few close up shots of our frog friend.


  You can also see the detail on the paper collection
The colors and pattern mix so well together!


 The details on the vase and frog match the pattern
detail on the placemat and place cards perfectly.


 The best thing about this table setting
is that it is all paper except
the glasses and flatware!

This makes for easy and elegant entertaining.
I hope you are enjoying the extra hours of daylight
and will plan to celebrate with your family
and friends soon!
Follow more ideas, recipes, & retail displays on my
Facebook and Instagram accounts at
https://www.facebook.com/beeutifulbydesign/
https://www.instagram.com/beeutifulbydzgn/?hl=en

Where every week I host a party theme for the week.
Next week is Nesting -a great theme for Spring entertaining
whether you are hosting a luncheon, baby or bridal shower
or book club!

No comments:

Post a Comment