Monday, October 7, 2013

Vintage Halloween

This weekend I decided to make some Halloween decorations
I gathered up my ribbons, paper and tags
and downloaded a few vintage
Halloween postcards.
I cut out the images of the postcards,
which were printed in color on regular
copy paper.
Then I used the tag as a template and cut out 
scrapbook paper the size of the tags
I glued the image to the Halloween paper,
then glued them both to the tags.
Finally, I hole punched the top of the tag 
and added ribbons!

I used them as ornaments to decorate my 
Halloween Tree.
Along with some spiders and garland
from the dollar store.
And ghost & orange lights I had on hand 
from last year.
I big Boo bow at the top and we're done!
Here are the images if you want to use them too:




It rained five inches in one day here on Saturday/Sunday
so I had to wait until today to take the tree out to the porch.

Later this week I'll show you the Halloween table
and then this weekend the decorated buffet.
I'm joining:
Metamorphosis Monday at:
The Scoop at:
Inspire me Tuesday at:

12 comments:

  1. So cute..!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Hope to see you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of your vintage decor and love the tree. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. The images are great! Love the cat and pumpkin:@)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute Halloween tree. I love the cards that you downloaded to print out as decorations for your tree. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your tree! You're so creative! Would love for you to share at Simple & Sweet Fridays. New Follower!
    Hugs,
    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty cards and tree! Love your tablescape above too but I cannot find a "Comment" link. The poem is very cute....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy to see your tree...I agree, great minds do think alike. We'll tell ourselves that anyway. We must be kindred spirits at the very least! I have so enjoyed pinning theses cards and like you, think they make great ornaments for a Halloween tree. Your tree is perfect! Happy you visited so I can follow along now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just wanted to let you know that your Halloween tree is featured on my blog! Thanks so much for sharing at The Scoop! Hugs...Debbie
    http://confessionsofaplateaddict.blogspot.com/2013/10/20-fun-halloween-ideas.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cute! I love anything vintage! Thanks for sharing the images! Thanks for linking up to the "Get Your DIY On" Link up party! Be sure to come back Sunday at 7:00 PM if you have any more spooky outdoor décor!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stopping by to let you know I'll be featuring this at our Get Your DIY on party tonight! I just love your vintage theme and how you cute you made everything! Thanks so much again for sharing! XO

    ReplyDelete